The Facial You Need to Try (for Free!)


I'm not one to get facials often.. but when I do, I need to make sure it counts. I've been trying to minimize the amount of makeup I use on a day-to-day basis, especially during the hot summer months. Let's face it - I really don't need all that eye shadow and extra bronzer! My skin is naturally prone to breakouts and seems to be a mix of combination/oily, so anything to "get it right and get it tight" is a winner in my book.

Ok, ok.. so want to know my secret weapon?

Friends, it's called laser and light therapy.

I just tried the coolest 15-Minute Laser & Light Facial c/o the team over at Skin Laundry. I can't tell you enough how much you need to get your booty on over. Well, after you finish reading this.

Like I mentioned, I'm all about keeping it simple. At Skin Laundry, the treatment is focused on leaving skin deep cleaned and toned. From what I know, the more frequent treatments you receive, the more dramatic your results (as this is how many facial treatments work). If you're looking to improve areas of acne, redness, unevenness, dullness, hyper-pigmentation and photo aging - over time, this facial will visibly help with all of those areas.

Raise a hand if you want that smooth, firm, even, toned, radiantly glowing skin!🙋

You do your laundry once a week, so why not do the same with your skin?



I promise you I would not be writing about this if I didn't enjoy it. I just receive a complimentary service (that you can get too- see below!) and found that it really did help make my pores less visible and left my skin looking brighter. The best part about the whole process is that your skin isn't as red and irritated as when you get a normal facial, like at all. You could definitely go on with your day if needed!

To be totally honest, it was a super weird feeling and actually smelled kind of icky. Just think about all the bacteria, pollution and grime you're killing! Don't worry, you're wearing special glasses so anything around your eyes is safe. It feels like itty bitty snaps hitting the skin, but is done super quickly. Then, they put a cold gel on your face and use a bright light to finish it up. In total, it's a 15 minute treatment - from start to finish.

Did I mention your first facial is free?

All you have to do to book is head over to THIS LINK. The Chicago location is inside the new Ulta on Michigan Avenue. Save your pennies because you're going to be doing some in store shopping at Ulta, too!

If you're nervous, read more about light therapy skincare from Refinery29 and the FAQs on Skin Laundry's site.

Do you think you'll try it? I'll definitely be heading back and would be happy to go with you on your first time! Send me an email if you plan to make a visit.

XO
katie

3 comments

  1. Totally going to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girlfriend! Let's go together! I'm actually going tonight :)

      Delete
  2. I need to try this too, maybe I can sneak in there at lunch or right after work! This sounds awesome!

    xo, Sarah

    ReplyDelete