Learning My Food Intolerances with EverlyWell


I recently dove in to this over on my Instagram, but I had the exciting chance to partner with the team at EverlyWell to test for food intolerances! For the last year and a half, I've been struggling with horrible stomach pains. For me, they would come in waves for a few weeks, even months, at a time. Other symptoms included stomach pains, nausea, headaches, fatigue, bloating and skin problems.

I went in on separate occasions to meet with a doctor, had a few blood tests and nothing came back irregular. Don't get me wrong - that was amazing news! However, this meant I was still stuck with still trying to pin point how to find and fix my problem.



When I started hearing more about food sensitivity tests, I knew I had to take one myself. I decided to go with EverlyWell after reading reviews and learning more about their price point. The at-home health test measures your body’s IgG response to 96 foods to help provide guidance on what foods may be the best to eliminate.

Before this gets lost, they gave me a 15% off code for you all to use! Just type in LBB15 at check out and you're set.

The foods measured include a variety of fruits, coffee, cola, a selection of fish, egg white, egg yolk, milk, cheese, gluten, wheat, a ton of vegetables and more. You can find the full list here under the "Markers Measured" tab. The box comes with everything you need and is super simple to do. You just prick your finger and drop the blood on to a separate card.


After your test is mailed back and received by the lab, it takes up to 5 days to receive the results. It's rated on a scale of 0-3 with zero being no reactivity to three listed as high reactivity. I have to tell you, I've never been more excited to prick my finger just so I could get the results!

So, with out further ado, are you ready for the results?

Below, I've shared my high and moderate reactivity foods. I was actually expecting to see egg listed on my form in some capacity, just not both egg white and yolk. Eggs are in so many foods, so it will definitely be front of mind when starting to shop for better grocery options.


Next, I headed down the moderate reactivity. Gluten, wheat, barley, malt, milk....Oh man. Ugh, guys, I just love carbs. So the fact that gluten has any chance of causing this nasty effects.. well, I know I should definitely start limiting my intake as much as I can. I have to admit, this one has been tough, but I'm really trying to cut it out where I can. I haven't called it out to be a dietary restriction just yet - hoping to get to that point by June, though!

I also knew I was having a reaction to raw banana. I used to eat a banana most mornings as a simple and healthy on the go snack/breakfast. I was surprised to see that wasn't under high reactivity, but it was still on my low section.






So what do you all think? As you can tell, some major foods need to be limited and cut out of my diet. I've been doing pretty well without eggs, but it's really tough in some pre-made or packaged foods. My skin has actually been much better and I haven't had a really bad stomach episode in a few weeks - praise the Lord!

This test was a major eye opener for me. In the next few months, I'm going to work on my egg and gluten intake to start. I might even head back to the doctor to get an officially celiac blood test done.

Do you think you'd ever try? Don't forget about the amazing 15% off code: LBB15. Simply add the item to your cart and input the code at check out time. Super easy and totally worth it.

Let me know if you have tried or plan to!

XO
katie


18 comments

  1. Yes, I need to try this, too. So happy you are feeling better! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not 100%, but a little bit of this and that is definitely helping!

      Delete
  2. Just ordered my kit! Thanks for the discount code! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do keep me posted or send an email with your thoughts! I loved to hear another persons first hand experience. Good luck!

      Delete
  3. This is SO interesting! I'm going through something similar and just went to the doctor and my blood work came back ok too. They had suggested a "prick" food allergy test next!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, it's such a process! I definitely suggest this test if you're not ready for the full allergy test just yet. That just sounded so awful when hearing about that. However, you totally know what's best for you so I hope everything goes well!

      Delete
  4. This is beyond interesting!! Incredible how a certain ingredient can cause reactions in different parts of our bodies. Happy to know that you were able to find the root of the problem though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I've been doing a lot of research on that recently and it's so interesting! Here's hoping things just get better.

      Delete
  5. Wow this is SO interesting!! I am definitely interested in trying this!

    Kileen
    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was super fast testing, which was the best part!

      Delete
  6. This is amazing! I would love to do this and see what my body isn't a fan of. Thank you for sharing this gal! Will seriously be helpful to so many and definitely me!

    xo Laura Leigh
    www.louellareese.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely let me know if you try it! Would be curious to know about another first hand experience.

      Delete
  7. That's really interesting! I've been wanting to try something like this!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you're feeling better! It's awesome that there are so many advances with food sensitivity tests that allow you to be able to test at home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to try this for myself! I think I have some food sensitivities and want to learn what they are.

    Megan | www.pipmegan.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really want to try this! I know I'm not allergic to anything but I feel some foods definitely affect me in a negative way. Hugs, Kait
    www.baskinginburgundy.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I’m not allergic to anything. And, i need to try these!!

    XOXO,
    ANGELLE
    WWW.DASHINGDARLIN.COM

    ReplyDelete